About the Firm
Dedicated Baltimore Family Law Attorney Guides Clients Through Domestic Issues
Committed lawyer also represents residents of Calvert, Charles, and Prince George’s counties in defense and property cases
When facing family law difficulties, it is important to find experienced counsel to represent you and your best interests. To have the best chance at a positive outcome, you need an attorney who will commit to you and your situation. At The Law Offices of Josephia Rouse, LLC in Baltimore, I will do everything in my power to make sure you get the best representation for your family, criminal, or real estate case. Whether you’re involved in a custody dispute or divorce proceeding, being charged with criminal misconduct, or purchasing a home, I will pursue a legal solution that best meets your needs.
Diligent counsel supports clients through divorce and custody disputes
Throughout Calvert, Charles and Prince George’s counties, my firm has received positive feedback for the representation I’ve provided my clients, who can attest to my:
- Attentiveness — I truly care about each of my clients and take pride in successfully handling the needs of their families. Family law cases are often overwhelming and affect everyone involved; my firm will work to ease the emotional burden you are facing.
- Focus on results — The result of your case is important to not only you but also your loved ones, so I will tirelessly protect your rights. I also emphasize mediation and collaboration in family law cases to increase the chance of a successful result, through a less stressful process, which clients appreciate.
- Trustworthiness — When it comes to my clients, I offer a very hands-on approach. I am highly responsive to your concerns and will never keep you waiting for answers to your questions.
In addition to earning the appreciation of former clients, I have also earned positive peer reviews from colleagues familiar with my practice. With a scheduled consultation, I can better determine the best course of action to take in resolving your personal legal issue.
Areas of Practice
Professional representation for Maryland families
I am dedicated to providing effective legal representation to both clients and their loved ones in cases related to:
- Family law — If you need assistance with a family law matter, including prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, my firm has the experience and compassion to assist you. I also help clients seek orders of protection when they have been threatened with abuse from a spouse or family member.
- Divorce and legal separation — I represent clients in a range of divorce matters, including uncontested divorce and divorce mediation, which offers more privacy than litigation. While Maryland law does not allow for legal separation, I can assist with limited divorce.
- Child custody and support — In Maryland, if parents cannot decide on their own who is best suited to have custody of their children, a court will decide on either sole or shared legal or physical custody, with visitation rights possible for the noncustodial parent. Child support may also be ordered by the court when parents can’t agree on an amount. I will make sure your parental rights are maintained throughout the process.
- Criminal defense — I provide knowledgeable representation for individuals facing criminal allegations like domestic violence, DUIs, and traffic violations. If you are being charged with any of these offenses, we can explore your options to obtain the best result possible.
- Real estate — Whether the property you’re buying or selling is residential or commercial, it is crucial to protect your rights and investment in a real estate transaction. My firm has significant experience with deeds, closings, real estate sales contracts, and more.
When providing help in any of these areas, I understand that your welfare and that of your loved ones is paramount. I will work diligently to find the best possible result for whatever legal issue you face.
Contact a dedicated Baltimore attorney to schedule a consultation
The Law Offices of Josephia Rouse, LLC in Baltimore represents clients in Calvert, Charles and Prince George’s counties in a full range of family law cases as well as criminal defense and real estate matters. Please call 410-324-2583 or contact me online
to schedule an initial consultation.